Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost access to G-drive mobile hard disk

My external USB-C G-drive has suddenly stopped appearing when I plug it into my Macbook Air (OS Monterey 12.5) and has failed to perform auto back-up for nearly a month. G-Utilities does appear but displays the endless spinning wheel (loading) when I try to open. After about 5 minutes, I get this message: The disk you attached was not readable by this computer.

How can I fix this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 9:34 PM

Is G Utilities a third party disk management system or tool? If it is not compatible with 12.5, it may be causing issues with access to the drive.

Try booting into safe mode. Then see if the disk appears. If not, look in Disk Utility, is it there? Also, suggest you look under About This Mac, System Report, check all the ports, especially under USB, and Thunderbolt, all the bus items listed. Is the drive showing up there?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 9:34 PM in response to wjsymes

Is G Utilities a third party disk management system or tool? If it is not compatible with 12.5, it may be causing issues with access to the drive.

Try booting into safe mode. Then see if the disk appears. If not, look in Disk Utility, is it there? Also, suggest you look under About This Mac, System Report, check all the ports, especially under USB, and Thunderbolt, all the bus items listed. Is the drive showing up there?

lost access to G-drive mobile hard disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.