Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Disk not ejected properly"

My Mac mini occasionally ejects the external USB HHD, I do my time machine back ups on it and I get a message saying the drive was not ejected properly. Its a NEW 5Tb drive by Seagate, I have tried plugging the USB into different ports at the back of the base unit, but it still happens. It comes with a program called NTFS for Mac, would this cause a disconnecting issue?

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 8:37 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Jan 24, 2022 9:29 AM in response to markcantworkamac

I'm running Mac OS High Sierra on the mini; its not a new mini base unit, I was given it and got it formatted, new OS to run my music from; my main Mac is running Monterrey but does not recognise the iPods as they are older iPod touch running OXS 6. I can sync music to the iPods on the Mac mini with an older OS.

On my main Mac I have UNTICKED start after a power failure and have set this on the Mac mini too now.

Have also unticked the put and wake now to see if it helps and have disabled the computer sleep.

Thanks for your help with this, it may be a while before I reply to say if its worked or not because there is NO set time that it ejects it.

Feb 14, 2022 3:17 AM in response to hcsitas

Hi, I said I'd get back to you on this problem; it appears to have been remedied! I wanted to wait a while to see if this settled down first and it certainly seems to have, hasn't happened since, so Thank You for your assistance with it, I have noted down the actions or possible actions so that should it happen again I know what to do in future.

On my main Mac (running Monterrey) I have unticked "prevent Mac form sleeping..." and "start up after a power failure" and that seems to work well on this system but I know that Monterrey and High Sierra are completely different set ups, so it didnt work on the Mini.

I have disabled "put to sleep...", "wake..." and "disable Mac sleep..." on the mini and this appears to work well.

Once again, Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

"Disk not ejected properly"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.