Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Library Sync

Ok so appreciate my understanding of Apple Music is not great but something doesn’t seem right here. I have music synced from my Mac to my iPhone but recently subscribed to Apple Music. I tried to add some music from Apple Music to a playlist but it said that I needed to turn on Sync Library. I did this and I lost all my previously installed music. The only way that I could get it back was to switch of the sync and reinstall the music from my Mac. Can you not have your own music and music from Apple Music on the iPhone at the same time? Or am I missing something really obvious? TIA

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 9:48 PM

With an Apple Music subscription all music (including your own private collection) should sync between devices. You should be just using Sync Library rather than syncing the music the old traditional way from Finder. Try turning off Sync Library on both devices and turn it back on and see if it updates correctly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 9:48 PM in response to Nigel82

With an Apple Music subscription all music (including your own private collection) should sync between devices. You should be just using Sync Library rather than syncing the music the old traditional way from Finder. Try turning off Sync Library on both devices and turn it back on and see if it updates correctly.

Apple Music Library Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.