Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone getting stuck on Verizon PIN screen

In trying to activate my new iphone 12 (purchased through apple, not verizon) I was asked to verify my Verizon identity using the PIN. The setup screen did not continue past there. Did anyone else find a way to get around this?

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 3:47 PM

I have a new iphone 12 and have the exact same problem. My phone is somehow activated so I really should not even have to go through these steps. It must be a bug of some sort.

I have tried with sim cards, without, swapping out my current iPhone 7 sim card and it didn't do a thing.

I've asked for a new phone. I have spent far too much time and energy trying to resolve this. In the meantime, I have no phone service on my old iPhone since the new iPhone is activated. Very frustrating. You should be able to do the same.

Please post any solutions you might find!

Good luck!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 3:47 PM in response to coygins

I have a new iphone 12 and have the exact same problem. My phone is somehow activated so I really should not even have to go through these steps. It must be a bug of some sort.

I have tried with sim cards, without, swapping out my current iPhone 7 sim card and it didn't do a thing.

I've asked for a new phone. I have spent far too much time and energy trying to resolve this. In the meantime, I have no phone service on my old iPhone since the new iPhone is activated. Very frustrating. You should be able to do the same.

Please post any solutions you might find!

Good luck!

Aug 13, 2022 3:52 PM in response to pmlwest

ps-I have a Verizon phone too and they suggested I bring it into the genius bar for repair. Then they wanted me to buy insurance to get my "broken" phone repaired. I have spent app three hours with online support and almost three hours at Verizon store. I don't have a phone line for contact for when they could see me. So I was stuck. I'm wondering if I can buy another phone at apple.

iphone getting stuck on Verizon PIN screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.