Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not working

When I click on an inbound e-mail in Mail, it takes forever to open. Is anyone else having this problem?

iMac Pro

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 9:13 PM

RoydenfromMB Said:

"That only works on my iphone. On my mac when I click on an e-mail the header opens but not the body. I takes a bit of time for the body to open"

-------

Didn't catch that. 😊

Troubleshooting Lagging Mail on a Mac:

A. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

B. Single Out this User:

For troubleshooting purposes, create a new admin user, and then add the eMail account to it. See if it runs and faster. If so, it is a misconfiguration in your current user. If not, it is a an issue with the macOS. Remove the account prior to closing the newly-created user.

C. Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). For example, you'd go here for gmailSign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 9:13 PM in response to RoydenfromMB

RoydenfromMB Said:

"That only works on my iphone. On my mac when I click on an e-mail the header opens but not the body. I takes a bit of time for the body to open"

-------

Didn't catch that. 😊

Troubleshooting Lagging Mail on a Mac:

A. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

B. Single Out this User:

For troubleshooting purposes, create a new admin user, and then add the eMail account to it. See if it runs and faster. If so, it is a misconfiguration in your current user. If not, it is a an issue with the macOS. Remove the account prior to closing the newly-created user.

C. Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). For example, you'd go here for gmailSign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

Aug 12, 2022 8:10 PM in response to RoydenfromMB

RoydenfromMB Said:

"Mail not working: When I click on an inbound e-mail in Mail, it takes forever to open. Is anyone else having this problem?"

-------

Getting New eMail to Show:

If the Mail will not show, then tap on a mailbox in the account. Next, quickly swipe your finger down the screen a few times, until it reads "Updated Just Now" in the bottom-caners of the screen:

Mail not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.