Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud link shared + photos deleted from the original device

Hello, I sent photos to someone using an iCloud link and deleted it off my phone permanently afterwards because I was running out of storage. Now the links say "check back later" Its only 42 photos. Is it gone forever because I deleted the original photos or are they still accessible VIA the link? The person who received the link also says check back later and still uploading.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 11:29 PM

sisy32 Said:

"iCloud link shared + photos deleted from the original device: Hello, I sent photos to someone using an iCloud link and deleted it off my phone permanently afterwards because I was running out of storage.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 11:29 PM in response to sisy32

sisy32 Said:

"iCloud link shared + photos deleted from the original device: Hello, I sent photos to someone using an iCloud link and deleted it off my phone permanently afterwards because I was running out of storage.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

iCloud link shared + photos deleted from the original device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.