Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID doesn’t work on my iPhone, what could I do?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 2:27 AM

See -> Related Article -> If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

⤵️

Still not working?

If the previous steps didn't help, you see "Failed—unable to complete Touch ID setup", or either of the following happen when you go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support

See also -> Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Use Touch ID for Apple Pay

With an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus or later, you can use Touch ID to make Apple Pay purchases in shops, within apps and on websites in Safari. You can also use Touch ID on your iPhone to complete website purchases with your Mac. If you have an iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or later, iPad (5th generation) or later, or iPad mini 3 or later, you can use Touch ID for Apple Pay purchases within apps and on websites in Safari.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 2:27 AM in response to Ivangrey02

See -> Related Article -> If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

⤵️

Still not working?

If the previous steps didn't help, you see "Failed—unable to complete Touch ID setup", or either of the following happen when you go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support

See also -> Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Use Touch ID for Apple Pay

With an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus or later, you can use Touch ID to make Apple Pay purchases in shops, within apps and on websites in Safari. You can also use Touch ID on your iPhone to complete website purchases with your Mac. If you have an iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or later, iPad (5th generation) or later, or iPad mini 3 or later, you can use Touch ID for Apple Pay purchases within apps and on websites in Safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.