Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple movies and the HDCP issue...

I have downloaded films from Apple TV site many times and I can't watch the films because there is a 'HDCP' issue. Can't watch the films that Apple advertises so well and me, like others have lost a sh*t load of money and yet, no solution is given or in sight ....Need to change that quickly !

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 12:46 PM

4 replies

Aug 14, 2022 1:56 AM in response to muguy

I am not sure what you didn't understand...I have an iMac bought new in a Apple store at the end of 2017 with a 4K screen. I have downloaded serveral films on the Apple TV app (the Apple made series seem to work well) but 3rd-party films just don't show. I can't keep looking at films on an iPhone screen. That's pointless ! So what's the solution ? Until Apple actaully deals with the issue and sends out a 'patch' or whatever....I am not spending money for it to be 'lost' because some software isn't uptodate or whatever it is ......So now I'll just renew my subscription to Netflix !!

Apple movies and the HDCP issue...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.