Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update my Mac disk?

Hello. I sent a picture and I could really use some help. I’ve been updating my MacOS High Sierra to get the macOS 10.13.2 update. However, it says I need to update my disk. I can’t find the instructions.. am I supposed to purchase something?? Please help :)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 1:35 PM

It seems to me that your iMac may have been enrolled in the public beta of macOS 10.13. This converted your Fusion Drive to APFS, which is not supported (only all-Flash storage supports this). You'll have to try the instructions linked in the popup.

Here's the archived version, as the original no longer exists - APFS Fusion - Internet Archive

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 1:35 PM in response to kellen161

It seems to me that your iMac may have been enrolled in the public beta of macOS 10.13. This converted your Fusion Drive to APFS, which is not supported (only all-Flash storage supports this). You'll have to try the instructions linked in the popup.

Here's the archived version, as the original no longer exists - APFS Fusion - Internet Archive

How to update my Mac disk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.