Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro notifications of USB devices using too much power, using powered hub that works fine. Software glitch?

MacBook Pro gives notifications that my USB devices take too much power. The devices are connected to a Belkin powered hub that has 170 W of power, 85 W reserved for the laptop. The devices charge just fine, but why does macOS send the notification? The notifications are also caused randomly by different devices. The lamps, phones etc do charge, so the powered hub is not malfunctioning. I think macOS gets wrong indications how much power there is to use but I don't know how to fix it. The problem has persisted in different OS versions.

Because the devices do work, it is not a problem per se, just annoying. Do other people get similar notifications?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 5:53 AM

Hi,

If your MacBook Pro has Intel processor, resetting SMC could solve the issue.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

MacBook Pro notifications of USB devices using too much power, using powered hub that works fine. Software glitch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.