Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off public wifi access on iPod

Is there a way to restrict signing in to public wifi on an ipod

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 1:20 AM

If you wish to do this in order to prevent your child from accessing the internet, then the article that you came from should provide all the information that you need, including restricting access to Safari. The link (the blue text) to that article is at the top of this discussion.

If you wish to stop your device from automatically connecting to public Wi-Fi, then it depends on why it is connecting to it. For example:

• if you have previously joined to a public Wi-Fi in a cafe (in other words, the specific network is known to your device), then when your device connects to it, find that Wi-Fi name in the Settings/Wi-Fi, tap on the i icon for that network and select the Forget This Network option
  • if you are using your home internet provider's option to access public Wi-Fi, then presumably you use an app provided by your internet provider that will have an option to turn that feature off
  • you can simply turn off Wi-Fi (in Settings/Wi-FI whenever you are near that public access Wi-Fi
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2022 1:20 AM in response to ute228

If you wish to do this in order to prevent your child from accessing the internet, then the article that you came from should provide all the information that you need, including restricting access to Safari. The link (the blue text) to that article is at the top of this discussion.

If you wish to stop your device from automatically connecting to public Wi-Fi, then it depends on why it is connecting to it. For example:

• if you have previously joined to a public Wi-Fi in a cafe (in other words, the specific network is known to your device), then when your device connects to it, find that Wi-Fi name in the Settings/Wi-Fi, tap on the i icon for that network and select the Forget This Network option
  • if you are using your home internet provider's option to access public Wi-Fi, then presumably you use an app provided by your internet provider that will have an option to turn that feature off
  • you can simply turn off Wi-Fi (in Settings/Wi-FI whenever you are near that public access Wi-Fi

How do I turn off public wifi access on iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.