Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF converter to work with Apple Pages?

Looking for the best PDF converter to work with Apple Pages? Everything I have seen in App Store that is MAC compatible works with Word. I want it to work with Pages. I don't want to load Word on my MacBookPro. I am willing to pay for the app, I just want it to work within the Apple Eco-system. TIA

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 2:56 PM

Thank you! This is the closest to what I am trying to do and it doesn't seem easy or simple? I found the PDF Expert for MAC for $139.99, which I didn't mind subscribing to as long as it performed the task I wanted. Based on your answer it doesn't seem easy or simple since I will need to load in Word and then export to Pages. Thx!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 2:56 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you! This is the closest to what I am trying to do and it doesn't seem easy or simple? I found the PDF Expert for MAC for $139.99, which I didn't mind subscribing to as long as it performed the task I wanted. Based on your answer it doesn't seem easy or simple since I will need to load in Word and then export to Pages. Thx!

Aug 14, 2022 1:31 PM in response to DeeGee_21

PDF documents are end formats and there are no paid or free converters to go directly to Pages documents without hours of reformatting that result (if you are lucky). Word 16.31 and later can open a PDF and convert it to Word .docx, and Adobe Acrobat Reader has an optional subscription service that allows you to upload an opened PDF and convert it to Word .docx. Then open the Word document in Pages.

At any rate, you will need to purchase something to go from PDF to Word, unless you want to export the PDF content as text and dump that into Pages, which is not much better than the existing PDF to Pages converters that oversell their poor finished result capability.

Aug 14, 2022 2:28 PM in response to stedman1

I'm sorry, I must've not been clear in my question. I know how to take a Pages doc and export into another option; PDF or Word. I want to take an existing PDF and be able to edit it or make it a fillable form. I have a PDF doc that I have printed to answer questions. I want to take that PDF and be able to edit it with my answers to keep it online to update it. Thx

PDF converter to work with Apple Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.