Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac Ventura M2?

What is the best way to convert PDF to Word on Mac Ventura? I tried the free online tools but the output word document is a bit messed up. In addition, I loaded the PDF file into Preview but there is no export option for word, only image formats available.

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 7:14 PM

azJones wrote:

What is the best way to convert PDF to Word on Mac Ventura? I tried the free online tools but the output word document is a bit messed up. In addition, I loaded the PDF file into Preview but there is no export option for word, only image formats available.

Hey, azJohnes.

There are several ways to convert a PDF file to Word format on Mac Ventura.

Here are some methods you can try:

Use Adobe Acrobat: Adobe Acrobat is a popular PDF editor that can also convert PDF files to various formats, including Word. If you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your Mac, follow these steps:

• Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.
  • Click on "File" in the menu bar and choose "Export To" > "Microsoft Word" > "Word Document".
  • Choose a location to save the converted Word document and click "Save".

Use a third-party PDF converter software: There are several third-party PDF converter software available for Mac that can convert PDF files to Word format. Some of the popular ones are PDFelement, Cisdem PDF Converter OCR, and PDFpenPro. Follow the instructions provided by the software to convert your PDF file to Word format.

Use Google Drive: If you have a Google account, you can use Google Drive to convert your PDF file to Word format. Here's how:

• Upload the PDF file to your Google Drive.
  • Right-click on the PDF file and choose "Open with" > "Google Docs".
  • Google Docs will automatically convert the PDF file to a Word document.
  • Once the conversion is complete, download the Word document to your Mac.

Source: https://www.uubyte.com/blog/7-best-ways-to-convert-pdf-to-word-on-mac

Note that the quality of the converted Word document may vary depending on the complexity of the original PDF file. In some cases, the formatting may be lost or the text may appear jumbled.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 7:14 PM in response to azJones

azJones wrote:

Hey, azJohnes.

Use Adobe Acrobat: Adobe Acrobat is a popular PDF editor that can also convert PDF files to various formats, including Word. If you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your Mac, follow these steps:

• Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.
  • Click on "File" in the menu bar and choose "Export To" > "Microsoft Word" > "Word Document".

Use a third-party PDF converter software: There are several third-party PDF converter software available for Mac that can convert PDF files to Word format. Some of the popular ones are PDFelement, Cisdem PDF Converter OCR, and PDFpenPro. Follow the instructions provided by the software to convert your PDF file to Word format.

Use Google Drive: If you have a Google account, you can use Google Drive to convert your PDF file to Word format. Here's how:

• Upload the PDF file to your Google Drive.

Note that the quality of the converted Word document may vary depending on the complexity of the original PDF file. In some cases, the formatting may be lost or the text may appear jumbled.

Mar 6, 2023 10:51 PM in response to Rhodesily

Rhodesily wrote:

azJones wrote:

Hey, azJohnes.

Use Adobe Acrobat: • Adobe Acrobat is a popular PDF editor that can also convert PDF files to various formats, including Word. If you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your Mac, follow these steps:
Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/961ac8b2-93da-4d2f-a465-a5d59a550f8e

Upload the PDF file to your Google Drive.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. It seems the free online tools are not working in my case. They asked me for payment after conversion as the free count is limited. My PDF file has over 500 pages. Going to test out PDF converters and check which gives the best output quality.

Mar 5, 2023 7:31 PM in response to azJones

azJones wrote:

Maybe a question for the Microsoft Word Help Community.

Microsoft Word does not support PDF formatted documents. You might try using LibreOffice instead to try to open PDF documents.

Mar 8, 2023 5:45 PM in response to azJones

You are right, most of the free software has limitations, they cannot help you complete the work of converting 500 PDFs for free.

As far as I have experienced, I used Google drive to convert PDFs (200 pages)to Word before, but I didn't get the results.

For PDFs over 500 pages, haven't you tried any third-party software yet? I think that will work for you.

Mar 8, 2023 6:53 PM in response to azJones

Hey there!

If you haven’t seen it, this article has some useful suggestions, including online utilities. I can’t speak to the efficacy of all of the steps, but can for some:

https://productivityspot.com/convert-pdf-to-word-on-mac/

There’s a whole bunch to choose from in the App Store as well, some are free to use:

https://www.google.com/search?q=app+store,+pdf+converter&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Hope you find the best solution!

How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac Ventura M2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.