Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone locked by apple id

dear apple company,

i am facing a problem unlocking my phone after a software update ,it requested the apple id of the owner, i took the phone from my friend who forgot his own appleid , what should i do to open it and reuse my phone . I have its serial number . Please i need some help here . My sincerity thanks for you

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 12:14 PM

Unfortunately your friend apparently failed to properly prepare the phone before transferring it to you. Those steps are itemized here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Until he/she petforms the steps cited in the following article, the phone will remain non-functional for you.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 12:14 PM in response to georgesmrad

Unfortunately your friend apparently failed to properly prepare the phone before transferring it to you. Those steps are itemized here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Until he/she petforms the steps cited in the following article, the phone will remain non-functional for you.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Iphone locked by apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.