Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

14 year old daughter's apple id not working on new airbook purchased for her

We just bought a new MacBook Air for our 14 year old daughter. She is trying to sign in with her own Apple ID, but it is not working.

Error messages are: "Verification failed. Your Apple ID or password is incorrect."

When we press the prompt "Forgot Apple ID or password" and she puts in her Apple ID the message we are getting is: "This Apple ID is not valid or not supported."

Then, there is another prompt we tried, which says "Forgot Apple ID". Here, you put in the name and email address. After doing that, the error message states: "We can't find an Apple ID matching the information provided."

She has an Apple ID that she has been using on her iphone for a year with no problem.

What can we do?

Thank you for your help.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 8:05 PM

I understand you are 100% certain those Apple ID credentials are correct, but the Mac disagrees. The first thing I suggest is to use her iPhone's Settings app, and tap the topmost option (Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases). Confirm all the information shown is correct.

Do not change the Apple ID password because that will just complicate matters. Don't create a new Apple ID either, that would be a real mess.

Assuming everything shown is correct, contact Apple and have them figure it out: Get Support. Apple ID problems can be vexing to fix without Apple's help. Be prepared for the necessity to change her Apple ID password but as I wrote don't do that unless Apple suggests it.

If you created an Apple ID on her behalf prior to her 13th birthday, the following may be applicable: Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support.

Another thought: Using your Mac, have her try to sign in to her Apple account, here:

https://mysupport.apple.com/

It probably won't work for the same reason ("We can't find an Apple ID matching the information provided") but that information will help when you contact Apple.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 8:05 PM in response to broscience

I understand you are 100% certain those Apple ID credentials are correct, but the Mac disagrees. The first thing I suggest is to use her iPhone's Settings app, and tap the topmost option (Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases). Confirm all the information shown is correct.

Do not change the Apple ID password because that will just complicate matters. Don't create a new Apple ID either, that would be a real mess.

Assuming everything shown is correct, contact Apple and have them figure it out: Get Support. Apple ID problems can be vexing to fix without Apple's help. Be prepared for the necessity to change her Apple ID password but as I wrote don't do that unless Apple suggests it.

If you created an Apple ID on her behalf prior to her 13th birthday, the following may be applicable: Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support.

Another thought: Using your Mac, have her try to sign in to her Apple account, here:

https://mysupport.apple.com/

It probably won't work for the same reason ("We can't find an Apple ID matching the information provided") but that information will help when you contact Apple.

14 year old daughter's apple id not working on new airbook purchased for her

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.