Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird Apple ID behavior

My wife forgot her Apple ID password and we went through the account recovery process. We never get the reset link after the 24 hour wait. The weird part is that my daughter receives notifications about my wife's Apple ID on her Macbook. Looking at my daughter's computer, however, my wife's ID does not show up anywhere and none of her devices show up in the trusted devices list. Apple support did a screen share on my daughter's Mac and said there was no way she should be getting my wife's notifications. Yet she is. All the folks at Apple said they'd never seen this before. I can't help but think this has something to do with why the account recovery keeps failing. Any thoughts or suggestions?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 5:20 PM

Based on what I have read in the support community, the account recovery process normally takes more than 24 hours. The article below mentions several days or more.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Is your daughter an account recovery contact?

Account Recovery - Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact.  *

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 5:20 PM in response to Knittinggeezer

Based on what I have read in the support community, the account recovery process normally takes more than 24 hours. The article below mentions several days or more.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Is your daughter an account recovery contact?

Account Recovery - Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact.  *

Apr 16, 2022 4:32 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply, but this didn't help. It just takes me back into account recovery, something we've tried unsuccessfully to do seven times now. It's not a matter of waiting longer because she gets kicked out of the recovery process every time. Also, it doesn't explain why she's getting Apple ID notifications on our daughter's computer. Our daughter is not an account recovery contact. Nothing seems to work. Last night I was supposed to have gotten a call back from a senior advisor whom I had been working with, but she never called. I'm calling yet again this morning and am going to ask if it's possible for my wife to create a new Apple ID and just start from scratch. Thanks again.

Weird Apple ID behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.