Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightness slider is missing and brightness adjustment is not available.

My device is MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports).

I updated the system to macOS Monterey yesterday and the brightness adjustment is not working after the system is updated.

In the universal control, the brightness control is greyed out.

In the system preference, the display section, the brightness slider is missing.

And the brightness is always in the brightest mode.

I have tried all the possible solutions, including the SMC reset also reset NVRAM and PRAM. I also tried to boot up in a safe mode and the problem is still there. I called apple support, they told me to reinstall the system. Thus I spent 2 hours reinstalling MACOS Monterey 12.6. But still, nothing works.

Could someone tells me what is going on here? Is this some kind of bug in the MACOS system?

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 6:57 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 15, 2022 1:28 PM in response to jiu97

Hello jiu97,

Are you experiencing the same issue within a newly created Admin user account on the Mac? Testing it out there can help to see if the issue is specific to your user account, or if it's system-wide. If needed, this page can help out with the steps for that: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues in the new user account, this indicates a system-wide issue on the Mac. You may opt to try reaching out to Apple Support again for a further investigation, or you may also explore local Apple Stores or Apple Authorized Service Providers. This page can help with starting the support request: Apple Support

This page can help find local stores: Choose country or region - Apple

Cheers.

Brightness slider is missing and brightness adjustment is not available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.