Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade from Catalina 10.15 - can I go to Monterey?

I have a Macbook pro mid 2014 13 inch retina and am running mac os Catalina 10.15.7 Apple says I can upgrade to Big Sur (11.6) but not to Monterey OS 12. Has anyone tried upgrading to Monterey? Love my computer and don't want another at the moment.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 6:26 AM

Check for updates manually

To install updates manually on your Mac, do one of the following:

• To download macOS software updates, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Software Update .
  • Tip: You can also click the Apple menu — the number of available updates, if any, is shown next to System Preferences. Choose System Preferences to continue.
  • To update software downloaded from the App Store, click the Apple menu — the number of available updates, if any, is shown next to App Store. Choose App Store to continue in the App Store  app.

Obtained from: Keep your Mac up to date – Apple Support (UK)

hope this will help

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2022 6:26 AM in response to rjr13

Check for updates manually

To install updates manually on your Mac, do one of the following:

• To download macOS software updates, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Software Update .
  • Tip: You can also click the Apple menu — the number of available updates, if any, is shown next to System Preferences. Choose System Preferences to continue.
  • To update software downloaded from the App Store, click the Apple menu — the number of available updates, if any, is shown next to App Store. Choose App Store to continue in the App Store  app.

Obtained from: Keep your Mac up to date – Apple Support (UK)

hope this will help

Upgrade from Catalina 10.15 - can I go to Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.