Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two phones and messaging solutions

I have a work iPhone and an personal android phone. I also have a MacBook pro with iMessage in use. Will I be able to get text messages from my personal phone in iMessage on my work phone?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 9:16 AM

3 replies

Aug 15, 2022 10:30 AM in response to Tesserax

Thank you for your response. I understand the way messaging works between android and iOS, terribly. What I am wondering is if I can get all my text messaging sent to my work phone (in iMessage) even if my personal sim is in an android phone. Similar to how if both of my phones are iPhones I can get iMessages from both lines on either iPhone or how I can get my texts and iMessages on my Mac or iPad.

Aug 16, 2022 5:37 PM in response to JKen14

During my career, I did a short stint in IT at a major aerospace company. I only mention this as it was a corporate policy not to allow employees, issued a company phone, to use it for personal reasons ... sans emergencies. As such, we wouldn't allow personal SIM cards to be used with these phones. Not sure how it works at your company, but you may want to check in with your IT folks for clarification on how or if, you can send/receive personal messages (iMessages or SMS texts) from another phone. Good luck!

Two phones and messaging solutions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.