Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting and sending phone text messages on both my iPhone and my Macbook pro

My iPhone and my MacBook Pro are networked to share, and when I want to send someone a phone text I can do it from my MacBook but ONLY if the person I am texting with has an iPhone. If they don't have an iPhone, if it is an Android, I can only text by using my iPhone and it does not sync to my messages on the Mac the way the iPhone users' texts do. My question is:

Is there any way I can make the texts from and to non-iPhone users also sync to my Macbook? (when I am home it is much easier to type a text on my Mac) Is there a setting I can set?

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 4:07 PM

cheeky-monkey wrote:

razmee209 - I went to that link but it was only for setting up messages between apple devices. The green bubble phone messages still do not come up on my MacBook and the instructions were vague, but looked to me as if they only appled to other Apple devices. There seemed to be no way to have the non-apple texts (green bubble texts) sinc with the message app on the Mac. I already have the blue texts (apple devices) showing up both places. So, is there any way to get those texts on my Macbook?

Sorry that links tells you exactly what you need to do in order to get SMS/text message on your mac as well.

Read it again and follow the steps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2023 4:07 PM in response to cheeky-monkey

cheeky-monkey wrote:

razmee209 - I went to that link but it was only for setting up messages between apple devices. The green bubble phone messages still do not come up on my MacBook and the instructions were vague, but looked to me as if they only appled to other Apple devices. There seemed to be no way to have the non-apple texts (green bubble texts) sinc with the message app on the Mac. I already have the blue texts (apple devices) showing up both places. So, is there any way to get those texts on my Macbook?

Sorry that links tells you exactly what you need to do in order to get SMS/text message on your mac as well.

Read it again and follow the steps.

Mar 21, 2023 3:43 PM in response to cheeky-monkey

cheeky-monkey wrote:

My iPhone and my MacBook Pro are networked to share, and when I want to send someone a phone text I can do it from my MacBook but ONLY if the person I am texting with has an iPhone. If they don't have an iPhone, if it is an Android, I can only text by using my iPhone and it does not sync to my messages on the Mac the way the iPhone users' texts do. My question is:

Is there any way I can make the texts from and to non-iPhone users also sync to my Macbook? (when I am home it is much easier to type a text on my Mac) Is there a setting I can set?

Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

Mar 21, 2023 4:01 PM in response to razmee209

Getting and sending phone text messages on both my iPhone and my Macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.