Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activate hotspot automatically

I would like to activate personal hotspot automaticallyd (shortcut?), when iPhone is connected to car Bluetooth. Any idea?

thanks a lot

Alon60

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 12:18 PM

Hello, alon60.

Using Shortcuts can be very handy for different tasks you want to do with your iPhone. Take a look at the following article which explains more about them: Create a custom shortcut on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Follow these steps to create a new shortcut:

1. "In My Shortcuts  in the Shortcuts app on iPhone or iPad, Tap  in the upper-right corner. An empty, untitled shortcut appears in the shortcut editor.
  2. Empty shortcut editor on an iPhone.
  3. Tap Shortcut Name, type the name of your shortcut, then tap Done. If Siri is enabled on your device, a “Hey Siri” command is displayed below the name.
  4. Tap Add Action. A list of action categories appears.
  5. Tap an action in the list to add it to your shortcut. You can also touch and hold an action in the list, then drag it to the position you want in the shortcut editor.
  6. To add another action, swipe up on the action list at the bottom of the screen, then choose an action. Tip: When you add another action, the action category you previously chose from opens. To return to the list of all action categories, tap .
  7. When you’re finished adding actions to your workflow, tap . The shortcut appears in My Shortcuts . For information on customizing the appearance of your new shortcut (the rectangle in your shortcuts collection), see Modify shortcut colors and icons on iPhone or iPad. To test your new shortcut, tap  on the shortcut to open it in the shortcut editor, then tap . To stop the shortcut, tap ."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 12:18 PM in response to alon60

Hello, alon60.

Using Shortcuts can be very handy for different tasks you want to do with your iPhone. Take a look at the following article which explains more about them: Create a custom shortcut on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Follow these steps to create a new shortcut:

1. "In My Shortcuts  in the Shortcuts app on iPhone or iPad, Tap  in the upper-right corner. An empty, untitled shortcut appears in the shortcut editor.
  2. Empty shortcut editor on an iPhone.
  3. Tap Shortcut Name, type the name of your shortcut, then tap Done. If Siri is enabled on your device, a “Hey Siri” command is displayed below the name.
  4. Tap Add Action. A list of action categories appears.
  5. Tap an action in the list to add it to your shortcut. You can also touch and hold an action in the list, then drag it to the position you want in the shortcut editor.
  6. To add another action, swipe up on the action list at the bottom of the screen, then choose an action. Tip: When you add another action, the action category you previously chose from opens. To return to the list of all action categories, tap .
  7. When you’re finished adding actions to your workflow, tap . The shortcut appears in My Shortcuts . For information on customizing the appearance of your new shortcut (the rectangle in your shortcuts collection), see Modify shortcut colors and icons on iPhone or iPad. To test your new shortcut, tap  on the shortcut to open it in the shortcut editor, then tap . To stop the shortcut, tap ."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Activate hotspot automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.