Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Step count

My watch does not count steps when I am using one of the Apple Fitness routines. I am usually using the dance or HIIT routines. I am definitely moving but it does not count steps. Is that a malfunction or is it just not going to count steps?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 10:21 AM

3 replies

Aug 15, 2022 10:35 AM in response to Community User

that response does not address my question. My watch counts steps all day and I can get heart rate and O2 saturation anytime I go to that app. It does not count steps while I am dancing. All other functions work well but if my step count was 5000 before I started dancing, it will be 5000 after I end the session. I would like to have some sense of how many steps in a 10 minute routine. Won't it count steps it count steps in that function?

Step count

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.