Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Early 2009 fail

So i don’t know exactly whats the problem. Shrotly to say i deleted everything on my mac and tried to reinstall with a new ssd but when it starts up it shows and folder with questions mark. When i try to hold command and R it does nothing and get me to the same question sign folder. I tried alt+command +R nothing, shift+command +alt+R does nothing, tried to reinstall from an bootable usb when holding option key it shows anly white screen and mouse on it with no option to boot from any source

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 11:23 AM

The 2009 Mac does not support internet restore. It will only let you use command-R if you do not format or let your boot partition get damaged. You will need to a get a copy of the Snow Leopard retail installer disc, which does not say upgrade dropin OEM and says 10.6.3 on it with this label:

If you never made a bootable external drive or thumb drive that works on this model via cloning or direct installation.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2022 11:23 AM in response to DaNubiu

The 2009 Mac does not support internet restore. It will only let you use command-R if you do not format or let your boot partition get damaged. You will need to a get a copy of the Snow Leopard retail installer disc, which does not say upgrade dropin OEM and says 10.6.3 on it with this label:

If you never made a bootable external drive or thumb drive that works on this model via cloning or direct installation.

Macbook Early 2009 fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.