Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 MacBook Pro 15inch, only boots to folder with question mark or recovery mode but wont boot into OS

I’ve got a late 2011 MacBook Pro 15 inch that will boot to a white screen with a folder and a question mark. I can enter internet recovery but nothing else. It allows me to reinstall Mac OS but it won’t boot into Mac Os. It has a brand new hard drive cable and I have tested the hard drive in a working Mac and it does work. I’m puzzled at this point and hoping it’s not the famous gpu problem with these.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 9:04 AM

For whatever reason, your Mac is unable to access a workable operating system. You say that you can enter internet recovery. Have you tried to use it to reinstall the OS. That is the first step at this point.

Similar questions

2 replies

2011 MacBook Pro 15inch, only boots to folder with question mark or recovery mode but wont boot into OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.