Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Requesting an UPDATE to Multichannel capabilities on MAC

Hi there, I am a sound engineer mixing in Dolby Atmos and other multichannel formats.

I have done extensive testing and have come to the conclusion that:

The AppleTV app, not to mention browsers(that is a whole other discussion, I understand that) does not recognize when the system has more than a 5.1 setup. This NEEDS to be remedied by Apple for their app that is supposed to support all of these advanced audio setups.

Mac clearly can output Atmos as it does so with Logic Pro and can even be setup and tested in the Audio Midi setup configs.

The fact that some games: World of Warcraft, Eve Online, that I've tested DO support at least 7.1 audio and Apple's own TV app does not, I don't think I am exaggerating, is ridiculous.

I have 7.1.4. The files are supposedly atmos and are so with headphones. My appleTV app just does not recognize my focusrite 18i20. This needs to be remedied as there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to output full atmos through my interface when the MAC ITSELF sees that there are that many channels and can send test signals through them.

Please don't give me a "buy an appleTV box and receiver" type answer. I can see the issue clearly and would like to know how it is possible that it hasn't been remedied yet.

Thanks

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 12:54 PM

Send your feedback to Apple, as they may or may not read enhancement requests here.

Here’s how: Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

Requesting an UPDATE to Multichannel capabilities on MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.