Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting Apple ID password is impossible?

Dropped my phone in a river a few days ago, therefore don’t have access to the email address that is apparently getting the updates on recovering my account, also don’t have access to the phone number that is getting codes sent to it for security. Every time I’ve gone through the iforgot process it just keeps telling me to wait 24 hours, then after they 24 hours.. wait 2 days, can only assume this is going to keep happening.. surely there’s a way of resolving this. Very very frustrating

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 5:26 PM

If you are in account recovery, the Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2022 5:26 PM in response to Turner941

If you are in account recovery, the Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

Resetting Apple ID password is impossible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.