Apple ID password Recovery?

I have lost my iPhone 11 pro max. theif somehow reset the apple id password. I can't reset the password. It says to reset it needs 2 days. Please help me. Now I have my mobile number and email address. Then why I can't reset the password immediately

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 5:19 AM

If you are having to wait, it sounds like you may already be doing account recovery.

From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2023 5:19 AM in response to samehbub

If you are having to wait, it sounds like you may already be doing account recovery.

From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

Apple ID password Recovery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.