Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My & IPhone Leather wallet

Hello All

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max & running iOS 15.6. I purchased a BLUE iPhone leather wallet in August 2021.

I just learned that you can add the leather wallet to my iPhone.

I followed what to do to add this to my Find My. It didn’t work. I also looked up what happens if it still doesn’t connect. But still it didn’t work. The notice said Connecting but eventually stops. I noticed however that when I place it on the back of the iPhone, an image of the MagSafe appears and then disappears.

Is it that it’s the blue one and purchased before September 2022. Or is there another issue.

Any support on this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you

Robert

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 2:28 PM

rmv221,

Thanks. After re-reading your initial message, you may have the 1st generation of iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe. This model is not compatible with Find My as Find My compatible was added in the 2nd generation.

There are two models of iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe. The model that's compatible with Find My was released in the second half of September 2021, and is available in the following colors: Golden Brown, Dark Cherry, Wisteria, Sequoia Green, and Midnight.

About the iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe

We trust this help explain things.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 2:28 PM in response to rmv221

rmv221,

Thanks. After re-reading your initial message, you may have the 1st generation of iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe. This model is not compatible with Find My as Find My compatible was added in the 2nd generation.

There are two models of iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe. The model that's compatible with Find My was released in the second half of September 2021, and is available in the following colors: Golden Brown, Dark Cherry, Wisteria, Sequoia Green, and Midnight.

About the iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe

We trust this help explain things.

Take care.

Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM in response to rmv221

Hello rmv221,

From your description, you have the required setup per Add your iPhone Leather Wallet to Find My on iPhone - Apple Support. "iPhone Leather Wallet with Find My support requires iPhone 12 or later. You can add it to Find My if your iPhone has iOS 15 or later."

So to confirm, the wallet is attached when you try to add it but outside of that first recognition, it doesn't seem to see the wallet after?

Cheers!

Find My & IPhone Leather wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.