Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect a monitor with MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

I have 2 dell monitors and would like to use them with my MacBook. I have the USB-C to display port cable. I was able to link it to 1 monitor but it only mirrors. I would like it to work independently. Is this the wrong cable? And what would I need to connect 2? Or is this possible? Thank you!

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 5:40 AM

Set up the displays as an extended desktop

You can arrange your displays in any configuration to create an extended desktop. For example, you can set your external display side by side with your Mac to create one large continuous desktop.

Note: You must be connected to a display to see these options.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Displays , then click Display Settings.
  2. Click the name of your display, then choose Extend Display from the pop-up menu.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 5:40 AM in response to Jayme07

Set up the displays as an extended desktop

You can arrange your displays in any configuration to create an extended desktop. For example, you can set your external display side by side with your Mac to create one large continuous desktop.

Note: You must be connected to a display to see these options.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Displays , then click Display Settings.
  2. Click the name of your display, then choose Extend Display from the pop-up menu.

How to connect a monitor with MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.