Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to connect to wifi in disabled mode

I followed process to recover my iphone but its saying erase process is started and once device gets connected to wifi it will recover. Please let me know process to connect to wife in disabled mode.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 3:44 AM

At the end of the passcode recovery process you will get an empty phone in "Hello" mode and you set up wifi along the way of setting it up.

iPhone Unavailable, Security Lockout, or Disabled

You can sometimes remedy this without a computer if on iOS 15.2 or later by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice!

How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

video

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ

ios 15.1 and earlier:

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode – Apple Support (UK)

Turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Display & Brightness and turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch to prevent it opening in your pocket or purse

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 3:44 AM in response to dinesh_bhusnaar

At the end of the passcode recovery process you will get an empty phone in "Hello" mode and you set up wifi along the way of setting it up.

iPhone Unavailable, Security Lockout, or Disabled

You can sometimes remedy this without a computer if on iOS 15.2 or later by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice!

How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

video

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ

ios 15.1 and earlier:

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode – Apple Support (UK)

Turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Display & Brightness and turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch to prevent it opening in your pocket or purse

Not able to connect to wifi in disabled mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.