Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too many Safari issues to use it as primary.

1. Many pages mysteriously do not load when getting to the desired site. I have to press x to stop loading it and hit enter again for the page to load. Slow and annoying. This doesn't happen on Edge or Chrome.

2. Too many websites won't load or work properly. For example- on Amazon.com pictures in the comments section of a certain product failed to load. Using Edge, everything worked perfectly- fast...images loaded. This happens on too many websites making Safari annoying to use.

3. Most annoyingly- Safai has a memory problem. When scrolling on specific sites a comment says the page is using too much memory. Speed slows to a crawl until it totally freezes. I have 128 GB RAM, so....???

These problems occur whether I am using my MacBook Pro (M1) or my i9 iMac (128 GB RAM).

I now use Edge and Chrome as primary browsers, which is too bad because I like Safari's simple interface but it has problems too often making it annoying to use.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 7:27 AM

Something isn't right with that Mac. Please read If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply

Too many Safari issues to use it as primary.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.