Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to see AirTags location in "Find My".

So I just bought 2 AirTag for my dogs collars and I left the both at home with both my daughters phones which are connected to “Find My” but when I try to pull up my dogs location it doesn’t update. Like I know both dogs are in the house and so are both my daughters phones. Why isn’t it updating?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 3:54 PM

An AirTag is associated with exactly one Apple ID. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique Apple ID.

You said “both my daughters phones”, but without any apostrophe. Perhaps you have two daughters, each with her own iPhone. Or perhaps you have one daughter with two iPhones, which would be hard to understand.

Anyway, each AirTag should appear for the person whose Apple ID it bears.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 3:54 PM in response to LouLou2358

An AirTag is associated with exactly one Apple ID. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique Apple ID.

You said “both my daughters phones”, but without any apostrophe. Perhaps you have two daughters, each with her own iPhone. Or perhaps you have one daughter with two iPhones, which would be hard to understand.

Anyway, each AirTag should appear for the person whose Apple ID it bears.

Unable to see AirTags location in "Find My".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.