Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Apple ID saying it is disabled when I attempt to update an app

Why is my Device saying my Apple ID is disabled when I try to update an app

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:12 PM

There are basically 2 reasons that your Apple ID might be locked or disabled. The first is that there was suspicious activity on your account, either too many password attempts by you, or someone trying to hack your account. The other is that a payment failed to go through and you need to resolve the charge or dispute. Link 1 below covers the first reason, and link 2 the second. For the second you will have to use the link in the posted tip to contact an iTunes & App Store representative. Click the link below that most closely matches the error message you are seeing:

1. If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support
  2. If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 1:12 PM in response to Karaearnest

There are basically 2 reasons that your Apple ID might be locked or disabled. The first is that there was suspicious activity on your account, either too many password attempts by you, or someone trying to hack your account. The other is that a payment failed to go through and you need to resolve the charge or dispute. Link 1 below covers the first reason, and link 2 the second. For the second you will have to use the link in the posted tip to contact an iTunes & App Store representative. Click the link below that most closely matches the error message you are seeing:

1. If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support
  2. If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' - Apple Support

Aug 16, 2022 1:12 PM in response to Karaearnest

See these circumstances:

1) Apple ID disabled (generic) = If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

2) Apple ID disabled (in iTunes & App Store) = Contact Apple Support, after reading this support article:--> If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes' , and using the following specific link:--> Apple Support

If you get no help, contact Apple Support using this link:--> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Why is my Apple ID saying it is disabled when I attempt to update an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.