Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone battery going down so soon?

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:23 PM

5 replies

Aug 17, 2022 6:38 AM in response to AhmadJaafar123

Unless you are doing exactly the same thing at exactly the same time for the same time duration 24 hours a day one phone will always have different energy use from another phone. If you take it to an Apple store they can test it and tell you whether it is working normally or not.

But you still haven’t said what “going down” and “so soon” mean. Here’s a useful benchmark:

• Turn on Optimized Battery Charging in Settings/Battery/Battery Health
  • Every night when you go to bed plug the phone in to charge (or use a wireless charging pad)
  • Optionally, go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud and turn on iCloud backup - this will cause your phone to back up every night automatically when connected to Wi-Fi
  • Remove the phone from the charger when you get up in the morning

If you do this, under normal usage patterns you won’t have to charge the phone during the day; it will stay above 20% until you plug it in to charge again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.