Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share my music library with my husband

I have a lot of CD's I have imported and on itunes he would just go to the shared library and copy what he wanted from my library, but in Music App I am not finding that feature. Where is it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 4:16 PM

Hi there stitchingdragon,

We'd like to learn more to see how we can help. Is your husband wanting to access your music library on another computer or on a device like an iPhone or iPad?

To share with another computer, you can set your Mac up to do so in System Preferences:

Share your library with other computers
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Sharing , then select Media Sharing.
2. Select “Share media with guests,” then choose Options.
3. To require users to enter a password before they can see your shared items, select “Require password,” then enter a password.
4. Select the playlists you want to share, or choose “All songs, movies, and TV shows.”

This link provides more information: Share songs from a shared media library in Music on Mac

If your husband wants to access the music on a different device, you can use Finder to sync your music: Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2022 4:16 PM in response to stitchingdragon

Hi there stitchingdragon,

We'd like to learn more to see how we can help. Is your husband wanting to access your music library on another computer or on a device like an iPhone or iPad?

To share with another computer, you can set your Mac up to do so in System Preferences:

Share your library with other computers
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Sharing , then select Media Sharing.
2. Select “Share media with guests,” then choose Options.
3. To require users to enter a password before they can see your shared items, select “Require password,” then enter a password.
4. Select the playlists you want to share, or choose “All songs, movies, and TV shows.”

This link provides more information: Share songs from a shared media library in Music on Mac

If your husband wants to access the music on a different device, you can use Finder to sync your music: Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Cheers!

How do I share my music library with my husband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.