Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I share a song in my library with a friend?

How do I share songs in my library with a friend?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 10:22 AM

First, the friend must be using Apple Music.

Second, you cannot share your entire library with them. What you CAN do is share playlists, individual songs and albums with them.

While viewing a Playlist, Song or Album on an iPhone, tap the "..." information icon. There will be two "Sharing" options.

"Share (Playlist, Song, Album)" OR "SharePlay"

Using the "Share" option allows you to send the item to your friend via iMessage, AirDrop or even Email.

Using the "SharePlay" option allows you to listen to the song/album/playlist at the same time via internet connection.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 10:22 AM in response to cw70

First, the friend must be using Apple Music.

Second, you cannot share your entire library with them. What you CAN do is share playlists, individual songs and albums with them.

While viewing a Playlist, Song or Album on an iPhone, tap the "..." information icon. There will be two "Sharing" options.

"Share (Playlist, Song, Album)" OR "SharePlay"

Using the "Share" option allows you to send the item to your friend via iMessage, AirDrop or even Email.

Using the "SharePlay" option allows you to listen to the song/album/playlist at the same time via internet connection.

Hope this helps!

how do I share a song in my library with a friend?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.