Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synced music from iphone to macbook gone?

Hi there,

I have an older iPhone (6 I think) with music on it that I wanted to download to my 2020 MacBook so I plugged the phone into the laptop and chose the sync feature (selected artists). It warned me that it would remove music from iPhone after the sync which I was okay with since I assumed I would then have that music on my laptop. Did the sync and none of the music are on my iTunes and now no longer on my phone. Does anyone know what happened or if there is a way to recover?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 12:53 PM

Unfortunately you misinterpreted the warning. It stated that it would remove what was on the phone, and replace it with what was in your library. iTunes/Music has never synced music other than purchases from device to library. Had you asked beforehand I could have offered some recovery tips but the content that has been deleted from that phone has gone for good. Do you have any other devices, older computers or backups that might still hold your music content?

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2022 12:53 PM in response to maryanne175

Unfortunately you misinterpreted the warning. It stated that it would remove what was on the phone, and replace it with what was in your library. iTunes/Music has never synced music other than purchases from device to library. Had you asked beforehand I could have offered some recovery tips but the content that has been deleted from that phone has gone for good. Do you have any other devices, older computers or backups that might still hold your music content?

tt2

Synced music from iphone to macbook gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.