Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring data from android along with icloud on iPhone 12

Hey folks.

Since whatsapp has launched the feature for transferring Whatsapp data from android to iphone. I currently have both android and iPhone, I use android just for whatsapp as I didn't want to lose chat and medias, whereas iPhone is my primary device for anything else(calls, Camera, other social medias).

I want to now transfer whatsapp data from android to iPhone device, but it's not possible until the iPhone is new or factory reset since it uses Move to iOS for transferring whatsapp data.

Just wanted to know if after the factory reset I choose restore from Android and transfer my whatsapp data, I won't be able to choose restore from icloud alongside, so would I lose the existing icloud data too(photos, contacts, notes) in case I go for restore from android.

Or I can still sign in via iCloud account after restoring from android and photos, notes, contacts would get synced from iCloud to iPhone?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 10:29 AM

verma_ankit484 wrote:

Hey folks.

Since whatsapp has launched the feature for transferring Whatsapp data from android to iphone. I currently have both android and iPhone, I use android just for whatsapp as I didn't want to lose chat and medias, whereas iPhone is my primary device for anything else(calls, Camera, other social medias).

I want to now transfer whatsapp data from android to iPhone device, but it's not possible until the iPhone is new or factory reset since it uses Move to iOS for transferring whatsapp data.
Just wanted to know if after the factory reset I choose restore from Android and transfer my whatsapp data, I won't be able to choose restore from icloud alongside, so would I lose the existing icloud data too(photos, contacts, notes) in case I go for restore from android.

Or I can still sign in via iCloud account after restoring from android and photos, notes, contacts would get synced from iCloud to iPhone?

That is correct, won't be able to use the backup, but you can sync back data from icloud.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2022 10:29 AM in response to verma_ankit484

verma_ankit484 wrote:

Hey folks.

That is correct, won't be able to use the backup, but you can sync back data from icloud.

Restoring data from android along with icloud on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.