Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

Hello, I wanted to reset my Mac today. I did it before and everything was fine, but this time I have this activation lock show up

Problem is, the Apple ID linked to my MacBook is not the one i was using, but my old one. I forgot what it is completely, i just know it's starts with K and ends with @icloud.com

Is there any way to fix this if I have my receipts of buying it? I'm the original owner, Mac was bought new from the store.

I saw some other people asking about it, but they bought it from a previous owner, that's not the case with me

Can Apple help me in any way?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 8:26 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 17, 2022 9:22 AM in response to st4ring_at_the_sun

st4ring_at_the_sun wrote:

Hello, I wanted to reset my Mac today. I did it before and everything was fine, but this time I have this activation lock show up

Problem is, the Apple ID linked to my MacBook is not the one i was using, but my old one. I forgot what it is completely, i just know it's starts with K and ends with @icloud.com

Is there any way to fix this if I have my receipts of buying it? I'm the original owner, Mac was bought new from the store.
I saw some other people asking about it, but they bought it from a previous owner, that's not the case with me

Can Apple help me in any way?

Take the receipt with you to the Apple store and see what they can do for you.

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.