Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

Hi there! I just bought Macbook Pro from someone and though we checked and previous owner logged out everywhere, once we tried to erase Mac Activation Lock turned on. The owner says that it’s asking for unfamiliar Apple ID and that there is no other owners before him. Is it even possible? Is there a way to go around this?

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 1:02 PM

There is no way to get around Activation Lock. Without the Apple ID and Password of the original user who set it up, you will never be able to use the iPad. I suspect the previous owner is not being honest about its historey. If you can't get them to resolve the issue, you can recycle the device at any Apple Store. See this link...

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 1:02 PM in response to idrishawke

There is no way to get around Activation Lock. Without the Apple ID and Password of the original user who set it up, you will never be able to use the iPad. I suspect the previous owner is not being honest about its historey. If you can't get them to resolve the issue, you can recycle the device at any Apple Store. See this link...

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.