Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quickly remove screenshots from desktop

I just did the most recent update and when my MacBook Pro restarted, every single screenshot I have ever taken appeared on my home screen. Is there a fast way to remove those screenshots all at once from the screen without slogging through and removing them one at a time? There are some screenshots I need to keep so I don't want to just delete them all.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 12:35 PM

On your Desktop, right-click and choose Use stacks from the secondary menu. Your screen shots will all be collected into a stack named Screen Shots. Click on that stack to open it, select the first screen shot, and press the space bar to display that image in a Quick Look Window. If you want to delete an image, then press cmd+backspace to move it to the Trash, and the next image will appear in Quick Look. If you want to skip over an image to save it, use the down-arrow key. Don't forget that if you accidentally delete one of these you want to keep, open the Trash folder, right-click on the redeemable image, and choose Put back.

Right-click on your Desktop and click that Use stacks menu item to disable that feature.

Empty the Trash when you are finally done.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2022 12:35 PM in response to elle-56

On your Desktop, right-click and choose Use stacks from the secondary menu. Your screen shots will all be collected into a stack named Screen Shots. Click on that stack to open it, select the first screen shot, and press the space bar to display that image in a Quick Look Window. If you want to delete an image, then press cmd+backspace to move it to the Trash, and the next image will appear in Quick Look. If you want to skip over an image to save it, use the down-arrow key. Don't forget that if you accidentally delete one of these you want to keep, open the Trash folder, right-click on the redeemable image, and choose Put back.

Right-click on your Desktop and click that Use stacks menu item to disable that feature.

Empty the Trash when you are finally done.

quickly remove screenshots from desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.