Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Active calories are not adding move calories

Having problem with fitness app .It was never this way before .I cannot close pink ring as my active calories are not adding all calories I burn during workouts .I switched off phone and watch but nothing helps .

Apple Watch, watchOS 3

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 3:49 PM

Hey there moniczkafromirl,

We'd like to help look into this with you to make sure your watch shows calories burned as expected. let's start with clearing up some details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some other possible causes:

1. You mentioned that you already tried restarting both your iPhone and watch, but nothing changed. If you have a compatible iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 15.6.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. If you have a compatible watch model, the latest version is watchOS 8.7. If you have an Apple Watch Series 3, the latest is watchOS 8.7.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to Update your Apple Watch.
  3. When did this first start happening?
  4. What kind of workout for the calories burned is it not adding to your Move(pink) ring?

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 3:49 PM in response to moniczkafromirl

Hey there moniczkafromirl,

We'd like to help look into this with you to make sure your watch shows calories burned as expected. let's start with clearing up some details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some other possible causes:

1. You mentioned that you already tried restarting both your iPhone and watch, but nothing changed. If you have a compatible iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 15.6.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. If you have a compatible watch model, the latest version is watchOS 8.7. If you have an Apple Watch Series 3, the latest is watchOS 8.7.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to Update your Apple Watch.
  3. When did this first start happening?
  4. What kind of workout for the calories burned is it not adding to your Move(pink) ring?

Cheers!

Aug 19, 2022 9:03 AM in response to moniczkafromirl

moniczkafromirl,

That is certainly not the experience we want you to have with your Apple Watch, and we will do everything we can to help you. Based on the information you provided in your follow-up post, we recommend the troubleshooting steps via the link below since your Apple Watch is not accurately tracking and calculating your calories.

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Please keep in mind that you can calibrate your Apple Watch to improve the accuracy of your distance, pace, and calorie measurements. Calibrating your watch can also help it learn your fitness level and stride, which improves accuracy when GPS is limited or unavailable.

With that being said, to perform the troubleshooting actions recommended by the article above, please read through and complete the steps in the section titled "Calibrate your Apple Watch."

We're recommending these steps because they directly address the issue you initially reached out to the community about, which is Apple Watch not accurately tracking and calculating your calories.

If the original problem persists after trying our suggested troubleshooting steps, provide us with specifics on what you see for more help, and we will continue from there.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Aug 19, 2022 12:25 AM in response to bruno75

Both IPhone and watch are up to date with IOS .I calibrated them as well .I’m running mostly on treadmill and weight lifting .

For example in d morning my watch shows 50 move calories used walking around house then I go treadmill for around 40 minutes and I do my run .After that my green ring is closed but red will still show only 50-60 calories .When I get in on my active app press green ring it will say a I’ve used 350cal exercising but the red ring /move ring showing only that what I used without working out .For example that day -two runs which they took over 400 calories but move ring shows that I done that day only 334

Aug 20, 2022 1:49 AM in response to J_Johnnyboy

Good morning

so yesterday I went for outdoor walk to the calibration as per link you sent it to me .And yes it added all the calories to my move ring from the outdoor walk .But this morning I went for my 30 mins run in treadmill and still the same situation .30mins run was 250cal but my red ring showing only 111 cal that what I was burning walking around house .

Active calories are not adding move calories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.