Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removed music from my phone

hello I was wondering how all my purchases on Apple Music has been deleted of my my iv play list. How do I get them back and y was it removed

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 6:18 AM

On a computer via iTunes:

Open the program.

Go to your Account.

Enter the ID with which you subscribed.

Settings - General.

iCloud Music Library - check the box next to this item.

Now your tracks will be back.

Via iPhone or iPad:

To get started, make sure you're signed in with the ID that your subscription is linked to. (Settings → iTunes Store and App Store).

Next, go to "Settings". Find "Music" there.

Make sure Library is active.

It happens that the program turns off the activity checkbox on its own. This is done by mistake or for security purposes. Therefore, if you have lost songs after logging out and re-entering your account, do the manipulations described above. And with a high degree of probability, your music will return.

Why does music from Apple Music and iTunes disappear or not be saved?

It so happens that sometimes users change the country in the device settings. If you did this, you could lose all information in Apple Music, including albums and tracks.

What is it connected with?

Company policy in individual regions.

Problems with music licensing in this region.

What to do if Apple Music songs and playlists are missing on iPhone and iTunes

There is only one way out: re-buy a subscription by paying for it in local currency. But it won't recover lost files. To restore, you will have to change the region back.

Due to a break in the subscription, iPhone and iTunes disappeared or Apple Music freezes

Many users have noted that purchase data is stored in your music for a limited amount of time, after which it is deleted. This situation is not common everywhere, but sometimes it happens.

To avoid this, it is not recommended to take a long break in the subscription. Otherwise, you run the risk of losing your favorite tracks forever, and you will have to collect the collection again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 6:18 AM in response to jeremey226

On a computer via iTunes:

Open the program.

Go to your Account.

Enter the ID with which you subscribed.

Settings - General.

iCloud Music Library - check the box next to this item.

Now your tracks will be back.

Via iPhone or iPad:

To get started, make sure you're signed in with the ID that your subscription is linked to. (Settings → iTunes Store and App Store).

Next, go to "Settings". Find "Music" there.

Make sure Library is active.

It happens that the program turns off the activity checkbox on its own. This is done by mistake or for security purposes. Therefore, if you have lost songs after logging out and re-entering your account, do the manipulations described above. And with a high degree of probability, your music will return.

Why does music from Apple Music and iTunes disappear or not be saved?

It so happens that sometimes users change the country in the device settings. If you did this, you could lose all information in Apple Music, including albums and tracks.

What is it connected with?

Company policy in individual regions.

Problems with music licensing in this region.

What to do if Apple Music songs and playlists are missing on iPhone and iTunes

There is only one way out: re-buy a subscription by paying for it in local currency. But it won't recover lost files. To restore, you will have to change the region back.

Due to a break in the subscription, iPhone and iTunes disappeared or Apple Music freezes

Many users have noted that purchase data is stored in your music for a limited amount of time, after which it is deleted. This situation is not common everywhere, but sometimes it happens.

To avoid this, it is not recommended to take a long break in the subscription. Otherwise, you run the risk of losing your favorite tracks forever, and you will have to collect the collection again.

Removed music from my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.