Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need wallet app feature! Loyalty cards

Will Apple please add a section to wallet app for users to store loyalty cards?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 5:48 AM

I hear what you’re saying, I too have foregone some loyalty cards because I prefer to NOT add what appeared to be a fairly “sketcky” app.

BUT loyalty cards belong to the company to whom you are loyal; is it not their prerogative to determine HOW cards are added to a mobile wallet?

After all, you CAN snap an image of an existing card into Photos … or Notes … today. BUT that doesn’t pair THAT card to YOU. An unlimited number of users could scan the same card and therefore ALL receive the same benefits.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 5:48 AM in response to AlligatorMK

I hear what you’re saying, I too have foregone some loyalty cards because I prefer to NOT add what appeared to be a fairly “sketcky” app.

BUT loyalty cards belong to the company to whom you are loyal; is it not their prerogative to determine HOW cards are added to a mobile wallet?

After all, you CAN snap an image of an existing card into Photos … or Notes … today. BUT that doesn’t pair THAT card to YOU. An unlimited number of users could scan the same card and therefore ALL receive the same benefits.

Aug 19, 2022 5:15 AM in response to askbarnabas

I do not want to have to ask different reward accounts/companies to create this. I don’t even care if Apple links it to keep reward account updated with anything like points (which is where it build in from the individual app would be essential)

I just want a place to store my number like the other loyalty apps, but without having to have other apps. I want a section in the same apple wallet so I can see all loyalty cards. Would be nice so we select that name quickly and get it scanned.

Need wallet app feature! Loyalty cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.