Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15" 2010 kernel panic

Hello community,

my MBP randomly shuts down and restarts, generating a panic report that I'm adding to this message.

The problem started a few weeks ago after many years of smooth working conditions with Sierra: I've updated the system to High Sierra but the issue remains.

There are no extra components connected to the computer (no mouse, no USB devices).

I hope someone would help me sorting this out, thank you!

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 8:18 AM

Buffalmacco wrote:

Hello community,
my MBP randomly shuts down and restarts, generating a panic report that I'm adding to this message.
The problem started a few weeks ago after many years of smooth working conditions with Sierra: I've updated the system to High Sierra but the issue remains.
There are no extra components connected to the computer (no mouse, no USB devices).

<Panic Report.log>

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 8:18 AM in response to Buffalmacco

Buffalmacco wrote:

Hello community,

<Panic Report.log>

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

Aug 18, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Buffalmacco

Machine check with multiple error -reporting banks is a serious Hardware problem.

It strongly resembles an error-correcting memory problem on Macs with that feature, and suggests your processor has cache or Bus deficits internally.

I believe your processor has failed.

Because this particular model (MacBook Pro 6,2 15-in from 2010) had a higher than typical incidence of graphics-related failures later in its life-cycle, you will find there are no used replacement boards available at reasonable prices.

It's time to think about replacing it.

Macbook Pro 15" 2010 kernel panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.