Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can reset my iPhone passcode without losing the data?

How can reset my passcode without losing the data.

I have an iCloud id with a password.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 3:49 AM

If you KNOW your device’s passcode, you can CHANGE it without data loss.

If you DON’T know the passcode, a RESET will completely erase the device - returning it to a “just out of the box” state - and allow a recovery of data from backup.

The degree of data loss will be determined by how well (and how recently) the device was backed-up and sync’d.

How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

Note: If the iOS is prior to 15.2, reset instructions are linked near bottom of article in the section titled, “If you can't reset your device.”

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 3:49 AM in response to aziz_m9

If you KNOW your device’s passcode, you can CHANGE it without data loss.

If you DON’T know the passcode, a RESET will completely erase the device - returning it to a “just out of the box” state - and allow a recovery of data from backup.

The degree of data loss will be determined by how well (and how recently) the device was backed-up and sync’d.

How to remove your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch passcode without a computer - Apple Support

Note: If the iOS is prior to 15.2, reset instructions are linked near bottom of article in the section titled, “If you can't reset your device.”

How can reset my iPhone passcode without losing the data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.