Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Size of icons on home screen

I updated my devices to iOS 15.6.1 today because of the reports of security issues. Now all my icons on the Home Screen have shrunk! I have large icons set but makes no difference. I see a lot of users have complained about this issue already. What can we do about it??

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 3:51 AM

If you believe the problem to be related to the system software update, you might be best advised to seek advice directly from from Apple Support.

You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 3:51 AM in response to Wiseowl_17

If you believe the problem to be related to the system software update, you might be best advised to seek advice directly from from Apple Support.

You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Aug 19, 2022 9:19 AM in response to Wiseowl_17

My icons and some other features are LARGER now... The apps don't all fit on the home screen (4 x 5 now - must have been 4 x 6 previously becasue page two is a single row of 4, as is page 4 etc.)

I recall after the upgrade, being asked to select one of two choices - for the life of me I don't recall the "name" of the setting I was being asked to choose. I selected the one on the right, which resulted in everything (app icons, phone number buttons, text notification bubbles) being fatter. I went to settings and "zoom" is off and "larger text" is off... Called tech support and beyond those two I just mentioned, he knew not waht the issue was. He offered to help me re-configure the apps on the home screens etc. but I don't think that is it - it reeks of some new feature that I should be able to wholesale reset - it's not just the layout of the app icons..

Anyone?

Aug 20, 2022 11:31 AM in response to WallyinKC

We need to swap! I’ll take it up with Support as LotusPilot suggests, but I’m not holding my breath. I do wish Apple wouldn’t make changes to the GUI (or the keyboard) when they do these updates - as users we get accustomed to the look and feel on our devices and it’s very unsettling and unhelpful to find that nothing looks the same. ‘If it ain’t broke don’t fix it’…

Size of icons on home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.