Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email sent my Apple Mail

Hello!

I recently unsubscribed to a promotional emails sent by companies and when I looked through my mail app because I was bored. I saw this message saying “Apple Mail sent this email to unsubscribe from the message” and there was a massive link on top. I’m confused, what is it for?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 4:21 AM

6 replies

Aug 19, 2022 4:39 AM in response to tooindecisivetopick

Actually, not only Apple mail, even Gmail too sends the same unsubscribe request mail to the company, by sending a long email this is the default feed, if you don't want to send these emails to company you can unsubscribe by clicking the URL in the promotion mail which you received, but it's not recommended if you feel something suspicious.

Aug 19, 2022 5:22 AM in response to tooindecisivetopick

It's not confirmed may or may not, as per data like URL or unsubscribe message in the email service provider they tried to unsubscribe you from the list, but if it gets accepted on the company side, they will unsubscribe you, if the data parsed by the mail service provider not matching it will not unsubscribe you, in this case you need to perform this manually from clicking on the unsubscribe me link

Email sent my Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.