Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send or receive text messages from some contacts on new iPad

I got a new iPad and setup it from my old one. I’m now unable to send or receive text from some contacts. What setting do I need to change on my new iPad….I didn’t have this issue with my old iPad and nothing on my phone has changed.

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 9:27 AM

Uffdanm wrote:

I got a new iPad and setup it from my old one. I’m now unable to send or receive text from some contacts. What setting do I need to change on my new iPad….I didn’t have this issue with my old iPad and nothing on my phone has changed.

This needs to be set up on the new ipad How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 9:27 AM in response to Uffdanm

Uffdanm wrote:

This needs to be set up on the new ipad How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Unable to send or receive text messages from some contacts on new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.