Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Friday night baseball on Apple TV + app on I pad

I want to watch Friday night Baseball TONIGHT on my I pad using Apple TV app.

I have downloaded the app from the App Store and it is sitting on my desktop as an icon.

the game begins at 7pm EST.

The MLB got together with Apple and is offering this service.

Television channels are blacking out the game because of this agreement with Apple and the MLB and the different broadcasting companies.

I want to MAKE SURE I can watch this game on my I pad this evening.

does anyone have personal experience with this watching MLB Friday night baseball on an I pad using the Apple TV app ?

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 4:54 AM

It seems you didn’t receive any reaction before the start of the game. I hope you got to see it.

I have downloaded the app from the App Store and it is sitting on my desktop as an icon.

The Apple TV app would be pre-installed as bundled with iPadOS. Nothing to download, unless you had deleted the TV app previously.

watching MLB Friday night baseball on an iPad using the Apple TV app?

No issue. The games would have their own tile in the TV app. If you don’t see it, then type ‘baseball’ in the Search tab of the TV app. All you need is the Apple TV app and an Apple ID account. On iPad (or iPhone), the device account is automatically linked to the TV app. On other devices, you may have to additionally sign in to the app.

Watch Friday Night Baseball in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Friday Night Baseball schedule - Apple

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ (including FNB) - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 4:54 AM in response to Community User

It seems you didn’t receive any reaction before the start of the game. I hope you got to see it.

The Apple TV app would be pre-installed as bundled with iPadOS. Nothing to download, unless you had deleted the TV app previously.

watching MLB Friday night baseball on an iPad using the Apple TV app?

No issue. The games would have their own tile in the TV app. If you don’t see it, then type ‘baseball’ in the Search tab of the TV app. All you need is the Apple TV app and an Apple ID account. On iPad (or iPhone), the device account is automatically linked to the TV app. On other devices, you may have to additionally sign in to the app.

Watch Friday Night Baseball in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Friday Night Baseball schedule - Apple

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ (including FNB) - Apple Support

Aug 20, 2022 6:56 AM in response to Community User

the search feature which was supposedly there, but which I could not manage to find.

On iPad with iPadOS 15.6.1, the TV app has a side bar (which can be hidden), and one of the options in the side bar is Search.

To show or hide the sidebar, use the controls in the top-left corner. That behaves a bit differently in landscape or portrait orientation. In landscape mode, there is a show|hide icon for the sidebar. In portrait mode, there is a “< TV” link in the top-left corner for showing the sidebar, and clicking the main window to hide it again.

Aug 20, 2022 5:38 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you. No one responded before the actual game, but thank you for your response. I had read the link on the help threads and found most of what you said except for the search feature which was supposedly there, but which I could not manage to find. We did get the game finally after a lot of clicking on links and fiddle faddle. Thank you for taking the time to kindly respond. Much appreciated. Hope it helps others too.

n

Friday night baseball on Apple TV + app on I pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.